Saturday, January 30, 2010

It'll swallow your entire head!



I'll admit it -- I'm not this huge fan of the state of Florida. Please don't send me nasty letters and packages of rotten citrus fruit; everyone's entitled to their tastes. I'm just way more a Western Side of the Country girl. Florida for me has Disney and the center and as far as I'm concerned, I can take a plane to Orlando, board the Giant Mouse Bus, and get whisked away to Epcot and that's all I really need to see of the state.

Well, I'm here to tell you right now: I've been converted. At least a little. For right now (I'm still not willing to admit an entire conversion. I need to be gentle with myself here.)

Silver Springs in Ocala, Florida is a wonderland of nature's best show-offs. Glittering crustal clear springs, towering trees bedecked with Spanish moss. And animals -- some very rare animals.

Pictured here is the Cuban crocodile, one of a large selection of 'dile and 'gator species who inhabit the park. Behind glass. Thick glass. HIGH glass.

After visiting each one, I would say, "I respect you. I wish you nothing but good. Please don't eat my head."

Well, I'm here typing, so it seemed to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment