Friday, July 23, 2010

Suddenly, I'm feeling all "Drowsy"



Yes, babies, I've been cast as The Drowsy Chaperone, in the play of the same name.

This is rather a big deal, as I've considered this a dream role ever sicne I ever saw Beth Leavel's performance on the Tonys. I thought at that time, "I intuitively know this woman. I knwo this role. And it is so ordained I will play it some day."

Hey -- thanks Law of Atrraction! That day has come.

I calculated it's been 17 years since I've been cast in a dream role - the last being Mrs. Lovett in "Sweeney Todd" (for which I won an After Dark Award for Best Performance).

So, while I still Cotton Candy and do voice-over by day, by night I'll don black crystals and velvet and swoon on a fainting couch, all the while prepared with the pithy zinger, courtesy of the incredibly clever book of this wonderfully inventive musical.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment