Monday, July 12, 2010

"I'm part of an original crowd..."

Nothing like a flood that deposits 8" of water in your basement to reset the machine, so to speak. There's a sense of clearing and rejuvenation going on in our house, in my work, in my writing. It's actually an exciting place to be; just wish it wasn't brought about in such a dramatic fashion.

What's in my Magic Mirror today is the word "persistence". I don't consider myself the most persistent person I know. When the going gets tough, I'm mostly wondering how much I can pay "the tough" to do it for me. But I've been gaining this persistence in thought and spirit lately. I'm feeling like this powerful force, but it's a gentle power, born not from an anger to be first, to get what I want, to win, but more from a sense of wanting the best to succeed, wanting to keep quality in the fore. Wanting the good guys to win.

I grew up not wanting to be a bother, not wanting to ask for too much. I'm getting done with that mindset, too.

That's it. That's my Emotional Upload, my Stewart Smalley reflection for the day.

Keep it going. Keep it up. Pester. Be a pesterer.

I'm a Pesterer, You're a Pesterer, He's a Pesterer, She's a Pesterer. Wouldn't you like to be a Pesterer, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment