Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sorry if I'm boring you with the details of publishing...

but this process is taking a while.  But it IS moving forward, that's for sure!

I got the hard copy of the book and basically flipped out by being able to hold "my baby" in my hands.  The first person I took it to was my dad.  After all, so much of the inspiration I received to carry on with the project came from him, even while he was going through a myriad of medical woes.  To see the broad smile of pride on his face was worth every mile traveled, every park visited, every funnel cake consumed.  Yes, even every pound gained.

Ben and I went out for a celebratory dinner, had a little bubbly - even showed the book to the restaurant owner, who thoroughly enjoyed it.  But she gave me a great bit of objective criticism - to make the photos stand out even more.

So, in the last week or so, we've re-tooled the photos, making them a lot sharper.  We've fine-tuned the segments the book is broken up into. And I did the very last (and I mean it!) editing of the text.  It's amazing how even after having it professionally proofread, you still find a couple of "oops"es here and there.

As of the wee late hours of last night, the electronic copy has gone back to the publisher and I should have the final hardcopy proof in a matter of days.

And then - off to the presses.

No comments:

Post a Comment