Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"




Well, I'll just jump in with it: it's the 30th anniversary of the assassination of John Lennon. I remember it like it was yesterday: writing in my diary that night, filling it with all the teenagery details of my day, when my Mom knocked on the door with the news. My parents let me stay home the next day; I was devastated. When I went back to school, I had to write in the attendance logs my reason for absence. I wrote, "a friend died". Because he had.

And 82 years ago, my Mom, Beatrice Novak, was born. And I truly believe both of these angels are busy in heaven, looking down on us all, making the world a little bit better in any way they can.

Love you, my angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment