Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Really clear reminder as to why I'm writing my book

http://www.nileguide.com/blog/2010/05/26/8-abandoned-american-theme-parks-open-for-exploration/comment-page-1/#comment-35420

Visit this link but be forewarned: it's just about as depressing a series of photos as you'll ever see. A writer from the Nile Guide took a roadtrip to eight different abandoned amusement parks. I don't share her sentiments about some of the parks being more interesting now then they were while operating. Sorry -- I don't need that sort of cynicism. I posted a reply about the work I'm doing and why it's so vital. Hopefully I can keep things like this from happening.

Why bother visiting the broken, rotting carcasses of vintage parks when there are plenty of operational vintage parks out there?

Yes, my goat has officially been gotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment