Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowy blowy...

Woke up to around 5 inches of snow. Knew I had to manage rush hour morning traffic, but was only driving to Wheaton, so that's a lot less intimidating than trying to circumnavigate going into the city. Made it to my audio book session in record time, no worries.

But stepping foot out into the tundra got me fixated on warmer climes, warmer times and more amusement parks in the future. I took a gander at my pin map; I have a huge map on my western office wall, filled with pins. Black and white for the places I plan to visit, and blue, red, green or yellow for those I've visited and written about. Right now, the earliest opening park I could potentially visit, if I get a really good deal on Hotwire or somesuch site, would be Carousel Gardens in New Orleans (opens weekends starting in March). I'm just chomping at the bit to go there: dates back to 1906, and FDR did a lot to rejuvenate the space. It's listed in the National Registry of Historic Places.

Beignets, Cajun music, and a ride on a vintage carousel. THAT'S spicy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment