Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A friend of mine sent me a Facebook message

Apparently a friend of hers will be writing some sort of an article on Galaxyland, an indoor amusement park in Canada (formerly named Fantasyland until Disney requested they change it) and my friend, who referred to me as The Guru (regarding amusement parks) asked if I had any info. The following is my response:

Sim sala bim! The Guru says, "I have not attended amusement parks in Canada and I won't be for my book, but your friend may wish to take a look at the histories of other indoor amusement parks to fill out her article. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Old Chicago (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Chicago ) which lived in Bolingbrook, IL during the 70s. I recall it being loud and strange and I vividly remember my Mom saying, 'I hate it. It's like going to an amusement park in a factory!'

If your friend needs more info on indoor parks, there's this article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/287703/indoor_amusement_parks_.html?singlepage=true&cat=16 It mentions Galaxyland. The Guru is not surprised Disney raised a ruckus over the name, by the way. She hopes these articles give your friend a broader perspective on indoor parks."

mekka lekka hi, mekka heiny ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment