Friday, November 2, 2012

Keansburg Amusement Park pummeled by Hurricane Sandy


Hurricane Sandy destruction in Keansburg, Atlantic Highlands and more.zip

http://www.app.com/viewart/20121101/NJNEWS/311010046/nj-sandy-keansburg


It is with a very heavy heart that I report one of the "Road Trip" parks, Keansburg Amusement Park, received devastating damage from Hurricane Sandy.  From what I've been reading, it was essentially ripped apart.

When Ben and I visited back in 2011, I was delighted by its truly vintage kiddie rides, its amazing dark ride (which I got a personal tour of with the lights ON!!) and the incredible collection of vintage arcade games.  I had a wonderful interview with Bob Falk, who not only worked there, but helped design some of the games which dated back to the early 1960s.

I can only hope and pray that, as the owners say in the article, the park will be rebuilt.  I'm sending out even more good vibes to Mr. Falk and the collection of incredible arcade games that elevated the arcade from your basic "win a stuffed toy" amusement to a veritable arcade history museum.

(if anyone reading this has more information about the park and Mr.Falk, please contact me at your earliest convenience via this blog.  Thank you.)



No comments:

Post a Comment