Friday, May 20, 2011

If the world ended tomorrow, what would you do TODAY?



While looking back on the 33 parks visited for my book, I realized how amazing it's all been and what wonderful sights, sounds, tastes and smells I've encountered; not to mention incredible, life-changing stories I've unearthed.

Just recently I've heard that there are many who feel tomorrow will be the Rapture, and Jesus will take true believers up to heaven, leaving everyone else down here to figure things out. Got me to thinking: what would I do if I knew the Earth was going to melt tomorrow?

So many things: some profoundly moving (visiting loved ones), others downright silly (the Pig's Trough ice cream explosion at Brown Cow in Forest Park, IL). But I don't feel like getting all reflective on it all. Not just now.

But perhaps I should seek out some cotton candy. Perhaps you should, too. I hope you'll be as successful as I was a mere two weeks ago, when I found freshly-spun, sugary gossamer strands at Oaks Park in Portland. Here I am, feeding my face.

Like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment