Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where Walt hung his sweater...




I'm so anxious I can hardly bear it. Just learned a bit ago that my trip to Disneyland for the book will have a very special element: a visit to the exclusive Club 33. Now, for those of you who don't know, Club 33 is a members' only dining experience, housed in what was formerly Walt Disney's very own apartment inside Disneyland. Part of New Orleans Square, it's located near the Blue Bayou restaurant. There's just a tiny sign outside that tells you where it is, otherwise you'd miss it. This fantastic opportunity is possible through the generosity of a friend of mine who knows one of the Club's members. Yes, this person will receive great honors and accolades in my book, you can bet your bippy.

This is the stuff of legend, "once-in-a-lifetime" stuff. We'll have brunch there, an "all you can eat" buffet of scrumptiousness unrivaled anywhere else at Disney, then explore the park. I've been to Land many times, but this visit will be very special; I'll only focus on the rides and attractions that were there at least forty years ago (following my book's criteria). More specifically, I'll focus on the things that were a part of one of my most memorable trips ever: my girls' only trip taken with my Mom back in 1971. Yes, 40 years ago.

Would Mom be jealous of my venture into this elusive venue? Of course she would be. But as I'm 100% certain she'll be there in spirit, I say bring on the grandeur. Mom would like ti that way. (They'd better have daiquiris with real lime, or she'll cause a fuss...)

No comments:

Post a Comment