Sunday, October 16, 2011

Creepshow at the Freakshow at Coney Island


http://www.coneyisland.com/creepshow.shtml

I'm a big fan of the folks who run the Coney Island freakshow.  Part of my East Coast roadtrip, my visit to the freakshow and the Coney Island museum connected me with this group of highly dedicated, creative performers who have their hearts in the rigth place and hold the history and spirit of the true Coney Island  reverently - and somewhat irreverently.

So when I got win that they put together a mean haunted house, I had to learn more.  Truth be told, I hate haunted houses that aren't actually haunted.  Give me an EMF meter and night vision camera, and I'm golden, but I don't get the thrill of spending good money for people to chase me with chainsaws. 

Having said that, if I had the time/money to make it out to Coney for their own unique brand of horror show, I'd be there in one quick bone rattle.  From what I get from reading the description, it's more a theatrical experience, fully immersive, and completely original and deeply creepy. 

Think about it: it takes you "into the tortured dreams of a corrupt and drug-addled amusement park official".  Can't think of much that would be creepier than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment