Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratefulness.



This photo gets me every time. I took it while riding the train at Kiddieland on Opening Day, 2009. Little did any of us know that it would be the opening day of their final year. The image of this mom sharing a ride with her little boy renders me weepy because that little boy will never be able to share this same ride with his kids.

And that's why I'm writing this book. It's become my mantra. If my book can help keep one vintage park open one day, one year, one decade longer, then it's all been worth it. And I'm thankful for moments like these, watching the simple joys vintage parks bring to families, which keep me focused on my goal.

Thank you again to everyone who donated money toward my project on Kickstarter, to all those who check in on my blog, and to the multitudes who just ask from time to time, "How's the book coming along?" To all of you, I'm' eternally grateful.

Kiddieland, Melrose Park, IL. April 17, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment