Thursday, July 8, 2010

It's... a SIGN!



Knoebel's park truly flattened me. I normally stride through a vintage park with my trusty notebook, scribbling this and that and such in a rather manic fashion, making sure I don't miss one scintilla of something charming, something unique. But Knoebel's is brimming, I mean brimming, with snack stalls, buildings, rides, gift shops, more rides, museums and signage that is truly one-of-a-kind -- I simply couldn't keep up with the onslaught or greatness. Even the lowly game shack (although none of them here at Knoebel's could be called lowly - all are in tip top shape and house some terrific games) is found to be topped with a sign that's truly a work of art. Take a close look at this one; the castle is 3 dimensional, bright ,cheerful and eye-catching.

I don't know who's in charge of the design and upkeep of the Knoebel's signage, but that person deserves a kiss on the pate. MmmmmmmWAH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment