Monday, July 19, 2010

And, on occasion, I sing!

Keep pulling for me, folks,. I auditioned for the first show I've really been drawn to in 4 years! Just last night, I went for "The Drowsy Chaperone" at Wheaton Drama, for the title role. We'll see what happens. I'm pretty psyched, as I licked my usual fear of auditioning pretty well. Was still nervous, but a good kind of nervous, not the kind that debilitates me for the whole day leading up to the audition, leaving me a barely recognizable lump of my former self (I'm only mildly exaggerating).

Most people don't know how phobic I can be regarding the stage. I've been that way since high school, but as I've recently been focusing on other projects (like this book!!) I've been able to distance myself from that feeling of being judged, of having all eyes upon me, waiting for me to make a mistake and look like a donkey.

Anyways, that's my update for now. Oh wait -- I DO have a park update! I just read that Arnold's Park was hit by a nasty storm just recently! They survived, but had a few casaulities: the Tilt-A-Whirl and Spider are out of commission for a bit, after enduring damage from fallen trees. The coaster, the Legend, at once my nemesis and best friend, is missing some lights -- and its ominous, top-of-the-hill sign, "The Point of No Return" was blown away. Hopefully all will be repaired and replaced soon.

By the way - if you wish to view the original sign, then you MUST become a backer of my Kickstarter funding for $100 or more. Because I rode that coaster - and the sign figures predominantly in my screaming,antic, madcap venture!

No comments:

Post a Comment