Sunday, August 7, 2011

40.

Maine is awash with green and pine and slickness.  It's been raining all night and into today, and the forecast basically promises rain throughout the day, into the evening, through tomorrow, maybe even bridging into Wednesday.  I'm used to rain and it really doesn't bother me because Earth needs a drink.

But not on the day when I'm visiting my 40th park for "The Cotton Candy Road Trip", the last of the forty: Palace Playland in Orchard Beach, ME.  Palace Playland is also the farthest park north and east that I'll be visiting.  We traveled 5 hours yesterday from Rye Playland to get here.  It's a big deal.

And it's raining.  We'll definitely visit, but, due to the weather, won't be able to get the full Palace Playland experience.

So it's a very good thing I've decided to play Big Kid with All the Toys.

Remember when you were a Little Kid and it was time to leave the amusement park and you cried and whined and your parents said, "Well, when you're grown up, you can come back and stay as long as you'd like"?  Well, I'm grown up, but I'm still a kid - hence a Big Kid.  And I have All the Toys now (i.e. my own schedule, a charge card, and a driving desire to see more parks).

So this Big Kid is making her own rules.  Who says a book about 40 parks has to cap at 40?  No one.  I've got All the Toys and I can play as long as I like.

Keep tuned for more info about my slightly longer Road Trip, because I'm totally willing to share those really cool toys with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment