Friday, March 25, 2011

New Orleans' Carousel Gardens

http://neworleanscitypark.com/guides.html

Click on this link to learn about how Katrina affected New Orleans City Park and its amusement park, Carousel Gardens. Cuz I could write about it right now, but my words don't have the gravity pictures do.

Go to the Hurricane Katrina Inside Guide and then to the two-year pictorial review.

Carousel Gardens was severely damaged by the hurricane. Now, I knew this from some prior research, but I didn't investigate far enough to find this Inside Guide with the terrible photos that tell the whole story.

New Orleans is truly a miracle city. We'll be paying a visit in a week or so and I simply can't wait to take it in and to honor the park that rose up from the destruction.


A plaque recognizing the donors to the reconstruction of the amusement park, dedicated August 25, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment