Thursday, August 5, 2010

Back and just a little snarly...




http://www.refresheverything.com/conneautlakeparkbluestreak

Okay, I've been away for a while, but I've had some very sound reasons. However, before I go into all that, please copy and paste the address above and go vote for the Blue Streak to be funded 50K!! Right now they're in 2nd place but they have to stay in the Top 10 by the end of this month. Go vote! Now! Chop, chop!!

So, the reasons I've been away? Okay then - it has to do with no time to get me to a coffee house and cozy up and plunk down some blogstuff. But beyond that, I had me a spill, or as my character, The Drowsy Chaperone would call it, a "plumble." On August 2, I fell down the stairs, in slow-mo, like Lee Majors in the "Six Million Dollar Man." Really strained my knee. So I'm keeping off of it, focusing on the happy acronym R.I.C.E. (rest, ice, compression, and elevation. Well, maybe more like R.I.E. But I'm doing it. Also taking my fish oil and an enzyme called Repair Gold.)

I won't be felled by this thing. I'm on the attack like a wolverine. Look -- here's a photo of a slightly snarling wolverine to get you in the spirit! Plus he's playing in the snow, which should give you a refreshed, chilly feeling in the middle of the hottest summer we've had since 1897. See? I give.

No comments:

Post a Comment