Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kiddieland Sign Restoration Ceremony tomorrow evening!

Our beloved sign.  Photo taken on opening day of its last season: April 17, 2009.
Attention Kiddieland fans!  If you're near the Melrose Park area tomorrow evening, why not stop by and take a gander at our beloved Kiddieland sign in its new home: the Melrose Park Library!  There will be a restoration ceremony at the library tomorrow night, September 28, from 7 to 9 PM.  I'll speak for a few minutes about my book and how Kiddieland shaped its writing.  I'll also have some copies of my book available for purchase; what's better than a personally autographed copy I ask you?  The library is located at 801 N. Broadway in Melrose Park.

The sign (well, I hear MOST of the sign; it's not the entire sign) will adorn the exterior of the library, reminding passersby of the wonderful little park that once was...

No comments:

Post a Comment