Sunday, April 1, 2012

Book sent off to the publisher!!

Kiddieland's Little Dipper, Opening Day, April, 2009
May I let out a rip-snorting "YaHOO!!!"?  Last night, I uploaded all my materials for the book to the publisher and will receive a hard copy of the manuscript for final perusal soon.

Just think of it - the book will likely be published by the 3rd anniversary of the first visit, which was to Kiddieland on Opening Day of 2009.  What promise and happiness that day held - and what a bittersweet beginning to such a joyful undertaking.

I recall standing in line and starting to interview people.  I'm more of an introvert than an extrovert, so it took a little revving up of my internal motors to do it, but that's when it began: the first interview for the book, which would include dozens of observations from a plethora of happy park goers and park workers.

I'll keep you all posted on the progress and the actual date when "The Cotton Candy Road Trip" can be in your very own hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment